“There are an estimated 5 million people geocaching and now you can bring that kind of fun to your living room. For those times when you and some friends just want to go on the hunt without going out, now you can.
It’s all here! Caches, geocoins, hazards, multi-caches, puzzle caches, muggles and even a Swag Store. Just like real geocaching, there are surprises along the way!
The game will never play the same way twice!”
Description of game-play from the publisher:
The Game Boards
● The trailheads are located by different buildings, where the boards are placed changes the difficulty in getting to those buildings.
● Boards can be set side to side making deeper woods as opposed to the boards being set up off of two trail heads. This also changes how some events play out.
Caching Area Cards
● This is the most randomizing factor in the game. However, Map cards and the ability to look at some of the cards reduces the “randomness” of landing on a card. If you know what is out there you can prepare for it.
● The Character that you play changes the strategy that you use. If you have the Puzzler, you may wish to go right out into the Caching area before heading to the Sporting Goods Store.
● The other Characters that are in play change your approach. If the Coin Collector is on the board you may want to wait to go to the Geocaching Mega Event until he or she has left the area.
● Cards are drawn at random, but you make meaningful choices each time. Deciding which piece of Equipment that you would like to activate will be based on your Character’s abilities, other Characters, what Caching Area cards you know are out there, and the general strategy that you chose to take.
● Some Event Cards have immediate effects, this is a random effect.
● Other Event Cards can be saved to be used during your turn or at any time. Deciding when to use these cards and what cards you have will change each time you play.
● Each Geocoin has a goal that triggers its point value. Do you chase after a cache or do you go after the Geocoin’s goal?