Middle-Earth, Faerûn, Westeros, Eberron, The World of the Wheel, Exandria … these richly-detailed fantasy worlds have captured the imaginations of legions of fans worldwide. These settings offer worldbuilding that launched a thousand—or a thousand thousand—dreams.
Whether you’re worldbuilding because you want to write the next Game of Thrones, intend to build a rich, vibrant world to enthrall the players of an upcoming tabletop RPG campaign, or you’re just curious to find out how all these creators did it, the Kobold Guide to Worldbuilding, Volume 2, puts a team of master world-architects at your side.
Featuring practical essays and roadmaps for the intrepid worldbuilder to follow, this anthology shows you how to:
- create a pantheon of gods
- incorporate technology into your fantastical environments
- build great settings that look beyond our own history and cultural expectations
- design a world in just 30 minutes
- leave space when building a world so the characters can help bring it alive
The Kobold Guide to Worldbuilding, Volume 2, features 15 stars of tabletop roleplaying games and fantasy fiction, such as Gail Simone, Keith Baker, Veronica Roth, Ken Liu, Kate Elliott, Mike Shea, Tobias S. Buckell, Shanna Germain, Cassandra Khaw, Gabe Hicks, the Dungeon Dudes (Monty Martin & Kelly McLaughlin) and more.
What worlds await? Let’s find out!