Knowledge is power! The 18th Century is a time of unparalleled advancement in science and technology. The world is being settled. Great thinkers and philosophers are penning their seminal works. New inventions are being created daily. Many eager young students long to be the next Newton, or Copernicus, or Galilei. But who will add their name to the list of greats and be remembered throughout time?
In Newton, players take on the role of students in 18th Century Europe. During their turn, they will play cards from their hand in order to perform Actions of various types. They will attend Universities, research using dusty tomes, and train their own students. There’s more than one path to victory, as there’s no one way to become a true intellectual giant.
- Manage Resources Wisely: Player’s actions are based on a hand of Action cards. Properly playing these onto their Desk to perform Actions drives their research and knowledge further and further.
- Travel Europe: By traveling all around Europe, players get new insights into their research, making them better-equipped to make breakthrough discoveries.
- Multiple Avenues to Victory: Just as there’s no one right way to learn, players can go different directions in their quest for scientific immortality. They can study in their personal library, instruct students in the lab, or travel all around Europe for new perspectives.
- 1 Map Board
- 1 Tracks Board
- 4 Study Boards
- 89 Cards
- 71 Tokens
- 134 Tiles
- 4 Scientists
- 16 Students
- 48 Travel Cubes
- 8 Markers
- 1 Rulebook
- 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended
- 2019 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Tactician Laurel Winner
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Tactician Laurel Nominee