During the medieval goings-on around Orléans, you must assemble a following of farmers, merchants, knights, monks, etc. to gain supremacy through trade, construction and science in medieval France.
In the city of Orléans and the area of the Loire, you can take trade trips to other cities to acquire coveted goods and build trading posts. You need followers and their abilities to expand your dominance by putting them to work as traders, builders, and scientists. Knights expand your scope of action and secure your mercantile expeditions. Craftsmen build trading stations and tools to facilitate work. Scholars make progress in science, and last but not least it cannot hurt to get active in monasteries since with monks on your side you are much less likely to fall prey to fate.
In Orléans, you will always want to take more actions than possible, and there are many paths to victory. The challenge is to combine all elements as best as possible with regard to your strategy.
- 2018 Gra Roku Advanced Game of the Year Nominee
- 2017 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Expert Game Winner
- 2017 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Expert Game Nominee
- 2017 MinD-Spielepreis Complex Game Winner
- 2017 MinD-Spielepreis Complex Game Nominee
- 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Expert Game Winner
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Expert Game Nominee
- 2015 Spiel der Spiele Hit für Experten Recommended
- 2015 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2015 JUG Game of the Year Winner
- 2015 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2014 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee