Fantasy Frontier is a fantasy board game of airships and exploration for 2 to 4 players with a playing time of 45 to 90 minutes. Each player controls a unique airship with a crew of pioneers. Players manage the actions of these pioneers each turn in an effort to scout the land, gather resources, construct townships, and even battle it out in aerial combat. Creating geographic patterns via tile placement, the players will develop a new world each time they play. Players compete to be the first to score the required number of victory points to win the game. Points are scored by building townships, completing geographic patterns, and fighting their rivals in airship battles!
Every turn, players must carefully manage the actions of five workers, which can be assigned the following tasks:
- Piloting the Airship – Moving their airship token around the board.
- Research & Development – Drawing map cards with geographic patterns and discovering development cards to improve their airships.
- Scouting the Land – Drawing terrain tiles to place on the map to expand the community game board.
- Gathering Resources – Landing the airship and exiting the workers to collect food, wood, stone and gold, with these resources being used to improve the performance of workers and to build townships.
- Construct a Township – Landing the airship and disembarking the workers to build a township, which provides a reoccurring resource stream and is worth victory points.
- Aerial Combat – Engaging in airship battles with other players to slow their progress and potentially score victory points.
- Repair Ship Damage – Repairing the damage taken in battle.
Fantasy Frontier is a unique gaming experience, blending a peaceful Euro play-style with the optional take-that element of combat, creating a game unlike any other.