In Mombasa, players acquire shares of chartered companies based in Mombasa, Cape Town, Saint-Louis, and Cairo and propagate trading posts of these companies throughout the African continent in order to earn the most money.
Mombasa features a unique, rotating-display hand-mechanism that drives game play. Each round players choose action cards from their hand, then reveal them simultaneously and carry out the actions. These cards are then placed in a discard pile, and the previously played cards recovered for the subsequent round.
Each company has a double-sided company track, so games will vary quite a lot based on which tracks are revealed and at which companies they are placed.
- 2017 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Expert Game Nominee
- 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2016 Spiel der Spiele simply the best für Experten Winner
- 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended
- 2016 Jogo do Ano Winner
- 2016 Jogo do Ano Nominee
- 2016 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Winner
- 2016 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Expert Game Nominee
- 2016 Goblin Magnifico Nominee
- 2016 Deutscher Spiele Preis Best Family/Adult Game Winner
- 2015 The Golden Elephant Award Finalist
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2015 Jocul Anului în România Advanced Finalist
- 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
There are no reviews yet.